Sunday, June 01, 2008

A Revamped Blog

Song of the Moment: Built to Last by Melee
I am a blogger after all.

See, if you know me well, I have quite a frequent posting of "blog entries" over Multiply. So today, I decided to commit to blogging to do two things: a) actually make official my objective for blogging which is to talk about love and life from the eyes of a twenty-something, and; b) to ensure that I document my life in a manner that I'll be comfortable with.

I revisited my old blog, gave it a new name and will now face the tedious process of migrating all the blog entries I had from a social network that SHOULD NOT be used for blogging purposes. So obviously, the next few entries prior to this are actually migrated blog entries.

Afterwhich, I will commence a blog-a-thon of sorts. Go easy on me, but my goal is to write at least one entry per day until I get the hang of things as I actually shed light on a phenomenon we all feel we're tackling alone, but we're really not: Quarter-Life Crisis. I have no intention of being one of those popular bloggers out there, but I'd like to meet some of you too! Feel free to say hello and drop me a line.

So that first line up there is explained, I'd like to include one song from my iPod's 3000++ songs to capture my feeling at the very moment I'm blogging. That pretty much captures every blogger's aspiration, doesn't it?

Lastly, so you can navigate better across the blogs, entries are categorized as:
1. Old Blog - Old Entries from a Previous Life.. erm, Blog
2. About the Blog - Random Stuff about the blogger or the blog's developments
3. Anger Management - Expect a rant from entries with this tag. These entries are more for my own consumption than yours. This blog is also my outlet, you know.
4. Being Human - Philosophical entries that generally deal with introspection and discernment about humanity. Partly geeky, partly eureeka-ish.
5. Call to Arms - Entries about social causes or advocacies I support. I will also use this blog as a means to get people to read/talk about issues.
6. Inspirational - Entries I found absolutely entertaining and heartwarming that's worth the "forward" button. I'm generally not fond of forwarding stuff, so these will be exceptional.
7. Dilemma - These entries will have me juxtapose two realities and talk about the grey area in between. Think pros and cons of moral dilemmas or issues.
8. Change - These entries will talk about change and metamorphosis --- something we're often too afraid to do but will actually be good for us.
9. Love - Finally, these entries will talk about the ever elusive but ever talked about theme of love. What's a quarter-life crisis with this drama?
NOTE: Other categories will come as I develop this blog further. This is developmental, so they say.

That's it. I hope you enjoy the blog! Stay tuned.

No comments: