Monday, June 16, 2008

A Day of Defeat, A Day of Triumph

Song of the Moment: On Your Shore by Charlotte Martin

In the middle of a not-so-busy day, I decided to quiet down and just throw to the wind whatever it is that’s going to flow out of my unconscious being.

Today was another day of defeat. I keep telling myself that I should get used to these things already. See, I have this tendency of categorizing a day according to whether or not it’s a day of defeat or a day of triumph. But that’s pretty much what it is: 24 hours of this or that. If there’s anything that I’ve learned much from my experiences the past years, it’s the fact that triumph is just as fleeting as defeat. You can’t expect the road to be all rosy and bright throughout the entire trip; similarly, you shouldn’t worry too much that the entire trip will be chaotic. And sadly, that’s probably one of my biggest ineptitudes: I get so fixated with getting things running smoothly all the time, no matter what happens. On the contrary, it rarely does. And guess what? It’s okay. That’s just what it is, people. We just have to deal with it. We just have to ride with the wave of what’s happening in our lives.

Today was another day lost. But maybe it’s because I had a day of triumph yesterday? I haven’t really figured out what my schedule will be like tomorrow, but I’m crossing my fingers, hoping it’s going to be another day of triumph. From there, counting on the 50/50 probability of how things will be on a Monday, Saturday will be a day of triumph… which is worth it, because I have more time for myself. Oh goody.

But yeah. For now, this Monday’s all I have. I don’t have the best feeling in the world, but at least I can look forward to a Saturday. It’s definitely worth lugging through a week for. And now that we’re talking about it, this Monday and all the other Mondays in my life is worth going through in view of all those beautiful Saturdays.

No comments: