Wednesday, December 14, 2005

a word on being productive

I don't think there's such a thing as being productive on a mediocre level... it's either you're productive, or you're not. No room for grey areas.

I noticed my level of productivity shot up the past week, by the sheer necessity of it. LS172 Book Report, LS170 WAC, Mkt175 Debate Position Paper, LS127 Sales, Sanggu Meetings, OEVP Meetings, UCSC Meetings. Oh, and I am a daughter, a sister, a girlfriend, a friend. The list goes on.

What actually makes things more interesting is that I get so pressured and yet end up accomplishing other peripheral tasks too, in order to prevent the drive/itch/ADHD-tension from settling. So what if I get home at night all tired (and barking like a dog because of stress-induced cough)? So what if I crave to go out but just choose not to because there's so much work to be done? So what if I have been glued to the pc that I'm in danger of having impaired eyesight? So little time, and so many things to do!

In contrast, I find my productivity at such low levels when, well, there's so much time to spare. This must be psychological withdrawal from the "when it rains, it pours" kind of workload... or something like that. In any case, the irony simply amazes me.

Oh, the sense of accomplishment feels good! But while everything is happening all at the same time, guess who is bordering insanity? Buti na lang may remedies. Thank you Lord for warm hugs and kisses and fluffy banana pancakes!

So it's really either you're excessively I-wanna-do-this-now-NOW! or nah-to-hell-with-work. Tonight, I'm a now-now-NOW! person. I better get back to my addiction. Hehe.

PS: Oh Christmas is near. It pays to do Christmas shopping early (like October-ish). Mahusay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

workaholic, yes? don't get burned out. =P

Anonymous said...

haha, mas marami nga ren akong na-aacomplish pag mas marami akong ginagawa kesa pag wala akong mashadong ginagawa. i get lax kase pag alam kong there's a lot of time to do the things i have to do e.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.