Tuesday, December 27, 2005

the reading marathon

Today, I am in the mood for a reading marathon. [as if I'm no speed reader already.]

Whilst the family's away in separate engagements, I decided to stay home until around 3PM to accomplish a massive load of holiday homework. Right now, imagine it if you may, I am reading and producing a summary/book report for a 198-page book called Getting to Yes, while surfing for information on the 6th WTO Ministerial Conference which happens to have a 44-page Ministerial Declaration and an 88-page Briefing Notes document. But it doesn't end there, I will be reading Sun Tzu's Art of War afterwards (online condensed version, I don't even want to count the number of pages!) and again, transform it into another book report.

Again, all these things hopefully 50% accomplished before 3PM. By then I will shut down this psychotic, workaholic drive and reward myself with good company on an early new year escapade. Off with Apple and Ogge and hopefully other people to frolic around at The Esplanade, to watch the 40-minute spectacle that is the World Pyro Olympics, while being serenaded by Orange and Lemons.

Aaahh. Yes. Balance of work and play. c",) <-- I miss this 'special' smiley!

PS: Normally, people write blog entries at the end of the day. And here I am, pre-empting the events of the day instead? Hehehe.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.