Sunday, August 24, 2008

I'm so happy for K!


Song of the Moment: Avenue by Daydream Cycle

I know it's too early to make any conclusions, but I just want to say that I'm so happy for my friend K. :-)

You see, our group has generally been an all-girl group... in more ways than one. Out of the fourteen girls in the barkada, only four are in fairly stable relationships at the moment... the rest are "single" with two who broke it off with their boyfriends fairly recently. Well, you get the message. 

What I find amazing at this point in time is that, some of them are still what you can call SSB or Single Since Birth. Mind you, these girls are highly substantial, beautiful and driven women --- best catches, boys! So I firmly believe that they each deserve only the best... and I wonder at the same time why the male population of the world just can't see that. Sigh!
 
So anyway... when an SSB girlfriend finally finds the perfect window of opportunity, the whole group celebrates! Yahoo!!! It's just a beautiful, wonderful thing. Purely good vibes, no hang-ups, just going with the flow. So she gets asked out, just say yes! So they party with friends, just enjoy! So they rock it at the dancefloor, just feel the rhythm! Yay! 

I won't go into details here because I refuse to be the point of hearsay, but I just want to say that I am so so so so happy for YOU, K. And whatever happens, we'll be right here, on stand-by, eagerly waiting for a blow by blow account. We're 23-25 years old already; and contrary to popular notion, it's not too late yet. We're actually at the prime of our lives... and I want my single friends to enjoy every minute of that. 

So jubilant is the word. :-)

PS: I'm actually kinda getting tired of being the only one who brings a plus one to get-together dinners. It's seriously getting old, girls. So let's go! Hehehe. :-)


No comments: