Thursday, August 14, 2008

I am the grown-up outlet.

Song of the Moment: Stripper by Soho Dolls

Do you have a system of categorizing the people you hang out with based on what you feel like doing? I do. For instance...

  • I go out with TBC for the ultimate food trips around and to feel good about myself by reminiscing about past achievements.
  • I go out with TB to talk about light aspects of life and to reminisce about simpler days.
  • I go out with J to splurge money without a care for tomorrow.
  • I chat with or have meals with the F to talk about family issues or plans vis-à-vis the business.
  • I used to run with A or have coffee with A&R to talk about heartache and love problems.
  • I used to have coffee with KM to get a different perspective on things.
  • I used to have dinner with EM or G to talk about work and career.
  • I used to have margaritas with CJNJJ and others, to have a good laugh and indulge in light conversations.  
  • Finally,  I go out with E to be myself, that is everything in between all the going out with different people.   

What I am particularly interested in is this: What aspect of other people’s life am I in? Am I the go-to person for heartache and love problems? Am I the person one can have long talks with because I’m an excellent listener? Am I the person who can give sound advise about work and career? Am I the person to bring along in bars and parties? Am I the person one can easily whisk away on an impromptu road trip or travel?

I am not really sure how people categorize me... But I do know that there are some categories I would like to be fielded in too. It’s like being drafted into a Baseball Team. Everyone knows you’re a good batter, but then for a change, you’d like to be the pitcher or the baseman. You don’t have to be so good at it, but then, you know you’ll have fun throwing those unexpected curved balls or shoving the ball to a batter’s face.

  • I want to be the person you can stay late nights out with.
  • I want to be the person you can easily pull for an impromptu road trip or plane trip abroad.
  • I want to be the person you can have several drinks with or go dancing with.
  • I want to be the person who will do body shots with you.
  • I want to be the person you can wake up the next morning to, crashed next to you after a late night jamming session.
  • I want to be the person who can go skinny dipping with you in some remote, deserted beach resort.
  • I want to be the person who will go condo/house hunting with you.
  • I want to be the person who will go scuba diving with you.
  • I want to be the person who will take salsa lessons with you.
  • I want to be the person who will take boxing sessions with you.
  • I want to be the person who will camp out at Mt. Makiling with you.
  • I want to be the person who will do body painting with you or paint-using-our-bodies with you.
  • I want to be the person who will attend a weekly book club with you.
  • I want to be the person who will fly kites with you.
  • I want to be the person who will dance under the rain with you.
 
I don’t want to be the grown-up outlet all the time. I really want to do outrageous things with you. Really. So, are you up for all this? Ready when you are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

by "you", do you mean enzo or whomever is reading? hehe. because i want to be a person you can easily pull for an impromptu plane trip abroad, too. in fact, i still have 2 weeks before school starts. how's your schedule for the next 2 weeks? hehe. check these out:

http://www.burningman.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_Man

mace

vanessa said...

not necessarily with enzo naman. with you too! :)

the burning man looks very interesting. i'd go if i can pull another Bugsy member. hehehe.