Tuesday, June 27, 2006

text message

I use the dictionary function when I compose text messages on my mobile phone because it's faster to produce sentences for someone, such as myself, who refuses to use text language (unless it's an international SMS message) nor distort our languages' proper usage. (e.g. tulog na me. dito na me way.)

For those who don't understand how this function works, the dictionary feature for text messages have stored words or registers uncommon words that are frequently used. The feature makes such words readily available as a default for certain buttons pressed. But when you end up not using a particular word, it is erased off default for more words to be used.


Today I found myself composing text messages hypothetically and ended up pressing these buttons:

6-9-2-4

Months ago, through the dictionary function, these buttons would immediately spell out MWAH. Now it spells out NYAH, and no amount of asterisk pressing can shift it to a different word.

Not a frequently used word anymore. What I'm trying to say is, I miss being able to send out such words of affection to someone who is entitled to it. I miss sending sweet nothings. I miss the intimacy. I miss this... but there's no better way than this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.