Sunday, June 18, 2006

commitment issues?

This was one of those posts I was supposed to finish, but never did. Sorry sa mga pinaasa ko. Haha!

Anyway, this picture right here is actually me, wearing my sister's wedding gown. I modeled it for her over webcam (because she's in New York), just to show her that the PhP6,000 duchess satin creation is in fact very, very stunning. Anyway, I decided to put myself in fantasy world and added that luminous butterfly I seem to be extra melancholic about.

[You are my hero, Adobe Photoshop.]

They say so many words are captured in a single photograph. Well, this here is metaphorical me. Amidst the grand concept of eternal commitment.

Imagining it at best, yes. That could be me wearing the gown. I am quite capable of wearing that gown. To some even, I'm probably one of the more eligible to be clothed in ivory white.

But to capture that light before me, beyond the touch of shimmering satin, is a different story... I can only behold the brightness with my forlorn eyes at the moment, as it flutters away. Flutters by. That darn butterfly. A symbol of complete metamorphosis and acceptance of the darkness before beauty can be had. The plunge to an illimitable abyss and to wake up and fly away with such joyful struggles. That I cannot do. Yet.

It comes to a point when you wonder when you'll ever be ready. But I pray, oh every day I pray, that some day I can touch that light and I will no longer be merely clothed in such a deceiving darkness. May the Dark vanish and there will only be me and my Sun.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice picture! yehee...bagay sa kanya ang gown. =)

VM said...

eto naman, wag pangunahan ang sarili. you have your whole life ahead of you. :)